***Totally off topic, but it has to be said – Today, I am one year cigarette free!***
Many, MANY months ago, Sharon passed along The Versatile Blogger, The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award, and the Stylish Blogger Award to me. I promised I would pass them along eventually. Well, it’s eventually!
In November, Samantha gave me the Sunshine Blogger Award . . . and yep, it’s eventually again! There are two rules for this award – pass it along to 10 inspirational bloggers and let them know . . . and answer nine questions (which are listed at the bottom).
In December, Caroline nominated for the Leibster Blog. Leibster is a German words that means beloved or love, so it is a blog that you love. The rules for this award are to thank your presenter and link back, pass it on to 5 people, let them know by commenting on their blogs, and post the award to your blog.
Just a couple of weeks ago, Alexandra gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award. So, I’m not sooooo far behind on this one! The rules for this one are to share 10 things that no one (in the blogging community) knows about me and to pass it along to 6 other people.
Today, I received an email from Giovanna passing along The Versatile Blogger and asking me to answer a set of 10 questions.
So, I’m totally cheating here. I’m passing ALL of these awards on to the 10 bloggers listed below (I worked out eliminations based on those who gave them to me, people I have already awarded one of these to and by those who were awarded along with me . . . very diplomatic, I know😛 . . . Except for Blue Jellybeans – Giovanna snuck in there because I had this entire post ready to publish when she gave me the award today😀 ). You can choose to pass on all or none of these (or somewhere in between) . . . though it would be cool if you passed along at least one😉
Many, many thanks to Sharon, Samantha, Caroline, Alexandra and Giovanna!!!! Check out their blogs – they’re all awesome!!!
Beyond Will Power – I found Alicia’s blog while doing a search for something completely unrelated. I don’t even remember what the search was! But what I found was a wonderfully inspiring woman!
Blue Jellybeans – I started following this blog during the Community Network Meme. Giovanna posts some very yummy recipes . . . in English and in Spanish!
Camylleon’s Cave – I’m always fascinating my Melissa’s posts. Whether she’s writing about her ancestors, her craft or her writing, she always has something meaningful to share.
David is Fat – David has been posting about his progress in weight loss for about the past 10 months. His dedication and success have been incredibly inspiring!
Love, Lies and Poopy Diapers – Ok, so Malia’s only posted to this blog a few times. I already yelled at her. But she just started back up again the other day! (And I’ve known her since high school, so I know her writing rocks!)
Morning Erection – I start following Tom *because* of the Community Network Meme (he did start it, after all). His posts are quite varied and that’s what I love about them!
One Day – I met Ginny over at GoodBlogs. I adore her writing . . . and I adore her! This blog is new and I haven’t had a change to check it out much, but I am positive that it’s awesome!
The Geeky Shopaholic – LOVE Paula’s blog . . . another one that’s a little bit of this and a little bit of that. We come from completely different worlds and yet have many things in common. I love how that happens!
The Passionate Eclectic – Whether she writes about shelving, thrift stores, or her new “blog-do”, Lisa always keeps me reading every single word. I just love her “voice” and style!
The Vanishing Mom – Joianne went through weight loss surgery over the summer and has been incredibly open about her experiences. She has been a definite inspiration to me!
Sunshine Blogger questions:
- Favorite color? Pink or purple or black, depending on my mood . . . though all three together would be best
- Favorite animal? Domestic or wild? Seriously, I can’t really choose. I’m an animal person. I love animals. Dolphins maybe. Dolphins are pretty kick ass. So long and thanks for all the fish!
- Favorite number? 118 . . . 1/18 is my mom’s (and my Aunt Dale’s) birthday; 11/8 is my daughter’s birthday . . . pretty cool, huh?
- Favorite drink? Non-alcoholic or alcoholic? Mountain Dew if I’m being bad, my own homemade iced tea, caffeine-free, sweetened with Splenda if I’m being good . . . alcoholic would be Long Island Iced Teas – yum!
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, definitely Facebook . . . Though I really wish I spent more time on Google+ (and that more people had accounts there)
- Your passion? Friends and family, writing, liberal politics, human rights, arguing, many, many things sci-fi/fantasy, common courtesy, enjoying simple things . . . hey, I’m a passionate person!
- Giving or getting presents? Giving, definitely giving . . . I mean, I like getting presents too. Who doesn’t? But I get an insane thrill from seeing someone’s face light up because I’ve given them something meaningful!
- Favorite day? Saturday
- Favorite flowers? Tiger lilies
10 Things from the Kreativ Blogger:
- I’m very old-fashioned when it comes to paperwork. I still need paper copies of everything. I’m also neurotic and will make notes for invoices on a post-it, then transfer that to an index card and then at the end of an invoice period, transfer it all to the typed invoice.
- I have an unnatural obsession with Gibbs from NCIS . . . and with Zac Efron.
- When I was 3, my dad had me pick out a lobster from the supermarket and he told me it was a pet. I named him Larry and we put him in the bathtub. When I saw that he was gone the next morning, my dad told me he went down the drain. I didn’t learn the truth until I was 7. . . . I still have issues eating lobster!
- I saved the stub of my daughter umbilical cord.
- I didn’t see my parents’ wedding pictures until I was 17. When they divorced, my mom destroyed them all. After she passed, I found the negatives and had them developed.
- I had an imaginary friend when I was little. Her (yes her) name was Timmy and she lived in my mouth. When she came out, she would get big.
- For a few months when I was 8, my mom and I shared a bedroom at my grandmom’s house. When she thought I was sleeping, she’d watch horror movies . . . but I’d always stay up to watch them.
- I may be from Philly, but I think scrapple is the most disgusting food on the planet.
- I was vegetarian for 2 years in college, and I’ve considered going vegetarian again . . . but I could never go vegan because I love cheese too much.
- If my daughter had not been accepted into the school she attends right now, I would have homeschooled.
10 Questions from The Versatile Blogger:
- Describe yourself in seven words. Silly, sarcastic, facetious, easily amused, loves life
- What keeps you up at night? Basic anxiety over the day . . . what needs to get done, what I didn’t get done, how much I wish there more hours in a day!
- Who would you like to be? Someone whose name is on the cover of a book – a real one, with pages and binding
- What are you wearing right now? A thermal shirt and sweatpants . . . my typical sleep/work attire😉
- What scares you? Losing a loved one or not living to see my daughter grow up
- The best and worst part of blogging. I love everything about blogging, but mostly the community . . . getting to know new people and finding out just how similar we can be even though on the surface we may be nothing alike.
- The last website you visited. Facebook – big shocker there!
- What is the one thing you would change about yourself? I really want to be less shallow with this, but it would definitely be my weight.
- Slankets yes or no? I have no idea what a Slanket is! Okay, I just looked it up . . . it looks a hell of a lot better than a Snuggie, so yes, I guess?
- Tell us something about the person who tagged you. She posts some incredible recipes on her blog, she would like to live in Narnia, and I’m hoping to get to know her better